Subscribe:

Friday 26 August 2011

Steve Jobs resigns........


Steve Jobs' resignation as Apple's CEO has shaken the tech world and is stirring rumors of severe health problems.
"I have always said that if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know," he wrote in the letter to the company's board of directors. "Unfortunately, that day has come."
Jobs did not elaborate on his reasons for stepping down. While the tech guru has remained tight-lipped on his health status since his pancreatic cancer diagnosis seven years ago, many worry the recent development is a sign his health has taken a turn for the worse.
E-mails to Apple requesting comment were not immediately returned.
Jobs was diagnosed with a pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor in 2004. The disease is known to progress more slowly than the more common form of pancreatic cancer, but it can be no less devastating.


Despite his resignation, Jobs expressed optimism for the future of Apple.
"I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it," wrote Jobs. "And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role. I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like